英文課前演講教父電影
㈠ 電影教父經典台詞中英文對照 很有人生意義的教父經典語錄片段摘抄
教父經典語錄
不要說不可能,沒有什麼不可能。馬里奧普佐《教父》
不要憎恨你的敵人,那會影響你的判斷力。讓朋友低估你的優點,讓敵人高估你的缺點。馬里奧普佐《教父》
偉大的人不是生下來就偉大的,而是在成長過程中顯示其偉大的
一個提著公文包的律師所搶到的錢比一千個拿著沖鋒槍的搶到搶到的錢還要多
如果一個人很慷慨,那他就必須把自己的慷慨表現得充滿感情馬里傲普佐原文
友誼可以築起一道堅實的防線
我們都是偽善的人,參議員先生,但請不要把它與我的家族聯系在一起
麥克:你還沒有教會我怎樣說不。 教父:首先,你不能對你所熱愛的人說不
姐姐的婚禮上他說:那是我的家族,不是我。
我相信友誼,並且願意首先表示出我的友誼.
MC我最疼愛你,知道嗎?
你不該拒絕我的友誼
如果你認為我不知道其中的真相,那就是在侮辱我的智慧。馬里奧普佐《教父》
你花時間和你的家人在一起嗎?我當然有。很好!不照顧家人的男人,根本算不上是個男人。馬里奧普佐《教父》
The Don always taught that when a man was generous, he must show the generosity as personal. He gave the baker a Di Nobili cigar and a glass of yellow Strega and put his hand on the mens shoulder to urge him on. That was the mark of the Dons humanity. He knew from bitter experience what courage it took to ask a favor from a fellow man.
柯里昂教父經常這樣教導:如果一個人要慷慨,那他就必須把這種慷慨表現得充滿感情。
他遞給麵包師傅一根高貴牌雪茄煙,一杯振奮牌果子露,還把手搭在他的肩膀上鼓勵他說下去,這就是老頭子的人情味的一種表示。他從自己辛酸的經歷中體會到:大家同樣是人,要一個人央求另一個人辦一件事,這可需要多大的勇氣啊。
這張和約書上會留下兩樣東西:一是你的名字,再就是你的腦漿
現在,只留下我們之間可貴的友誼.
Sonny:
If theres one thing the old man hammered into me, its never to do a thing like that, to let other people know theres a split of opinion in the Family.
如果說老爸對我有什麼教導,使我永遠不忘的話,那就是永遠不能做一件蠢事:讓外人知道我們家族內部有意見分歧。
I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life I dont apologize to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those big shots. I dont apologize thats my life but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone; Governor Corleone. Well, it wasnt enough time, Michael. It wasnt enough time.
我從來沒有想過要帶給你這些。我工作了一輩子,來養家糊口,我沒有道過歉,我不願意當個傻瓜,做那些大人物手中的提線木偶。我毫無歉意,這就是我的命運,不過我也想到過,到時候我兒子成為真正的男人時,你就要做手握繩子的那個人。科利翁尼參議員,科利翁尼州長。好了,時間不多了,邁克爾。時間不多了!
See, all our people are businessmen. Their loyalty is based on that. One thing I learned from pop was trying to think as people around you think. On that basis, anything is possible.
看,與我們打交道的都是生意人。他們忠誠是建立在利益至上的。我從爸爸那裡學到的一點,那就是揣摩周圍人的想法,以他們的立場去思考。在生意的基礎上,一切皆有可能。
You make the choice, and this is your price.
你做出了這個決定,這是你的代價。
(這句是《教父3》里最經典的一句話。)
聞香識女人經典台詞語錄中英文對照摘抄
聞香識女人是1992年公映的美國電影。由阿爾帕西諾、克里斯奧唐納等主演。電影講述了一名預備學校的學生,為一位脾氣暴躁的眼盲退休軍官擔任助手期間發生的故事。
1、No mistakes in the Tango, not like life. Its simple, thats e indication of a brain. too much football bothering you.
17、no mistakes in the tango, not like life.
兮:舞跳錯了可以繼續,生活呢?
18、all my life i stood up to everyone and everything because if made me feel important. you do it cause you mean it.
兮:有目的的生活有時候也會是一種悲哀。差距總是讓人失落。
19、youre not bad, youre just in pain.
兮:如果一個人是壞人,並不是因為他本性有多惡,只是因為他的生命中積累了太多的的壞。是的,世界上沒有壞人,只有在痛苦中的人。
20、ise you. Hows that for cornball?
我還說完呢,我剛一進到這里,就聽到那些話:未來領袖的搖籃如果架子斷了,搖籃也就掉了,它已經掉了,它墜落了,造就青年,培養未來的領袖,看吧!要小心了,你們在培養什麼樣的領袖,我不知道!今天查理保持沉默是對還是錯,我雖然不是法官但我可以告訴你,他不會為了自己的前途而出賣任何人。朋友們!這就是人們常說的正直,這就是勇氣,這才是未來領袖所具有的品質。現在我到了一個人生的十字路口,我一向知道哪條路是正確的,這毋庸置疑。我知道,可我沒走,為什麼?因為做到這一點他太堅難了。輪到查理了,他也在一個人生的十字路口,他必須選擇一條路,一條正確的路,一條有原則的路,一條成全他人格的路,讓他沿著這條是繼續前行,這孩子的前途掌握在你們的手裡委員們,他會前途無量的,相信我,別毀了他!保護他!支持他!我保證會有一天你們會為此而感到驕傲。
泰戈爾經典語錄中英文對照
【泰戈爾經典語錄中英文對照一】
在光明中高舉,在死的陰影里把它收起。和你的星星一同放進夜的寶盒,早晨,讓它在禮拜聲中開放的鮮花叢里找到它自己。
Article 19 tagore's sayings: in the light is lifted up, in the shadobstone. As the characteristics of the ship is sailing drive, love is not permitted to YouJin, only alloen, the evil you stripped naked, curse you to ing all your ing all your way.
思想掠過我的心上,如一群野鴨飛過天空。我聽見它們鼓翼之聲了。
Thoughts pass in my mind like flocks of lucks in the sky.I hear the voice of their wings.
"誰如命運似的催著我向前走呢?""那是我自己,在身背後大跨步走著。"
e to my window to sing and fly away. And yellow leaves of autumn, which have no songs, flutter and fall there with a sigh.
夏天的飛鳥,飛到我窗前唱歌,又飛去了。 秋天的黃葉,他們沒有什麼可唱的,只是嘆息一聲,飛落在那裡。
The mighty desert is burning for the love of a blade of grass who shakes her head and laughs and flies away.
偉大的沙漠為了綠葉的愛而燃燒,而她搖搖頭、笑著、飛走了。
The sands in you way beg for your song and your movement,dancing water..''
瀑布歌道:「當我得到自由時,便有了歌聲。」
the stars are not afraid to appear like fireflies.
群星不會因為像螢火蟲而怯於出現。
tree, the tree gave it.
樵夫的斧頭向樹要柄,樹便給了它。
He who wants to do good knocks at the gate; he who loves finds the gate open.
想要行善的人在門外敲著門;愛人的,看見門是敞開的。
The scabbard is content to be ll when it protects the keenness of the word.
《神偷奶爸3》經典台詞中英文對照
1、I was thinking you two could get some grub。我覺得你們倆可以出去吃個飯。
2、Are you out of your gourd?你瘋了嗎?
3、Well, it seems that because of your checkered past, everyone else refused to work with you。好像是由於你背景復雜,所以沒人願你和你共事。
4、Does it matter? 有什麼關系嗎?
5、Yeah, well, she is a nut job, and I『m not going on any date。是的,不過她的腦袋有點不正常,而且我才不會去相親。
6、Go about your business。回去幹活吧。
7、who are you texting? 你在給誰發簡訊?
8、You never know what kind of booby traps this guy could have set。你永遠猜不到這傢伙可能會設下什麼樣的陷阱。
9、The kid gives me the creeps!那孩子讓我毛骨悚然!
10、No one! Just my friend Avery。 沒誰!只是一個叫Avery的朋友。
11、Wow, looks like your date』s out for the count。哇,你的約會對象好像不省人事了呢。
12、I just need to get some things off my plate before we start taking over the world, that『s all。只不過在我們開始征服世界前,我得先把一些事情處理完。
13、But not me。 I stepped up。但我願意,我毛遂自薦的。
14、I don』t。 I『d do it again in a heartbeat。我可沒有,我真想馬上再來一次。
㈡ 教父經典台詞英文
教父經典台詞英文
《教父》的經典程度不用我多說了,下面我為大家整理了教父經典台詞英文,一起來回顧一下教父的經典語錄吧!
1.Let your friends underrate your advantage,while let your enemies overrate your disadvantage.
讓朋友低估你的優點,讓敵人高估你的缺點。
2.A man who is not a father will never be a real man.
不顧家庭的男人不是真正的男人。
3.Friendship can build a solid defense.
友誼可以築起一道堅實的防線。
4.It』s not personal,it』s business.
不要把私人的感情帶到商拆迅界。
5.I spent my whole life trying not to be careless. Women and children can be careless. But not men.
我費了一生的精力,讓自己變得十分謹慎 ,女人和小孩能夠粗心大意 ,但男人不行.
6. I never would impose no need of friendship Friendship – think my insignificant person.
我絕不會把友誼強加給不需要友誼——認為我無足輕重的人。
7.If you think I do not know the truth and that is an insult to my intelligence.
如果你認為我不知道其中的真相,那就是在侮辱我的智慧。
8.A matter of seconds to see the nature of people and spend half my life is also unclear one thing to see the nature of man, nature is not the same fate.
在一秒鍾旅前此內看到本質的人和花半輩子也看不清一件事本質的人,自然是不一樣的命運.
9.If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
如果生活告訴了我們什麼,歷史教育了我們什麼,那就是你可以殺了任何人。
10. This book will leave about two things: First, your name, then there are your brains …
這張和約書上會留下兩樣東西:一是你的名字,再就是你的腦漿……
悔脊11.20.So, love somebody else.
那麼,去愛一些其他人吧。
12..Don』t hate your enemy, or you will make wrong judgment.
不要憎恨你的敵人,那會影響你的判斷力.
13.To be close to your friend, but closer to your enemy.
離你的朋友近些,但離你的敵人要更近,這樣你才能更了解他。
14.Don』t let anybody know what you are thinking.
邁克對文森特說:永遠不要讓任何人知道你心裡在想什麼!
15.Only don』t tell me you』re innocent. It insults my intelligence, makes me very angry.
這個世界本身就沒有所謂的清白而言,你能坦言,你從來就沒說過慌,這是自欺欺人
16.I』m gonna make him an offer he can』t refuse.
我將給他一個他無法拒絕的理由/條件.
17.A person is only one destiny.
一個人只有一個命運。
18.Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn』t spend time with his family can never be a real man.
你花時間和你的'家人在一起嗎? 我當然有. 很好!不照顧家人的男人,根本算不上是個真正的男人!
19.Great people are not born with the great, but in the process of growing up show its great.
偉大的人不是生下來就偉大的,而是在成長過程中顯示其偉大的。
20.If a person is very generous, then he must behave himself an emotional generosity.
如果一個人很慷慨,那他就必須把自己的慷慨表現得充滿感情。
教父經典名言
1、不要讓別人知道你的想法。——《教父》
2、痛苦不像死亡那樣無可挽回。——《教父》
3、永遠別讓別人知道心中所想。——《教父3》
4、你做出了這個決定,這是你的代價。——《教父3》
5、不懂得陪伴家人的男人不算是真男人。——《教父》
6、不要讓女人左右你的思維。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
7、男人一輩子最重要的事情就是養活自己。——《教父3》
8、人可以不斷犯錯,但絕不能犯要命的錯。——《教父3》
9、我准備向他提出一個他不可能拒絕的條件。——《教父》
10、不要憎恨你的敵人,那會影響你的判斷力。——《教父》
11、謹慎的鎮壓自由意志對人類生存很有必要。——《教父3》
12、千萬不要恨你的敵人,這會影響你的判斷力。——《教父》
13、當你說不時,你要使不聽上去像是一樣好聽。——《教父》
14、女人和孩子可以粗心大意,但男人一定要小心。——《教父》
15、無法掌控權利的人將被權利毀滅。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
16、巨大財富的背後,都隱藏著罪惡。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
17、不要說不可能,沒有什麼不可能。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
18、永遠不要恨你的敵人,因為這會影響你的判斷力。——《教父》
19、不要輕易說出你的理想,不給別人嘲笑你的機會。——《教父》
20、沒有規矩,不成方圓。有了權利,就得令行禁止。——《教父3》
21、永遠不要讓你的敵人知道你在想什麼。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
22、人並非生來就偉大,而是越活越偉大。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
23、為了正義,我們必須去求唐·柯里昂。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
24、痛苦和恐懼不是死亡,還有挽回的餘地。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
25、把意外當作對個人尊嚴侮辱的人永遠不會再遭遇意外。——《教父》
26、不要憎恨你的敵人,那會影響你的判斷力。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
27、我相信友誼,並且願意首先表示出我的友誼。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
28、不經常與家人呆在一起的男人,永遠也成不了真正的男人。——《教父》
29、讓朋友低估你的優點,讓敵人高估你的缺點。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
30、金融是一把槍。政治是知道什麼時候扣動扳機。——馬里奧·普佐《教父》
;㈢ 用英語表達為什麼喜歡電影《教父》
What a shocking movie! Most incredible achievement movie ever that directed by famous Francis Ford Coppola. The greatest 3-part gangster movie made him won 47th Academy Award in Directing 1974. He is from a superb and legendary movie family. His nephew is the superstar Nicolas Cage, his daughter is also a famous director, Sofia Coppola. The casting of Godfather serial saga is unprecendented: Marlon Brando, Rober De Niro, Al Pacino, Robert Duval, Diane Keaton, all these superstars are Academy winners too.The Movie were so close to describe what really happened in 1950 American gangster story. even it said some part of underground hero style which challenge the sociaty value that moment. The great saga was going through almost 2 decades. the amazing one was Part to Part 3 it took over 16 years long. length of 3 movies was over 520 minutes, it means almost 9 hours, an epic movies truly. Though it took such a long time. it still captured the heart and focus from all fans.I have been seen twice of each part and why? Such a greatest saga woulc never showup up in our history again. superb story, director, actors and actress, film, editing, it could never had such a combination again. countless words for me to describe the greatest epic movies.
㈣ 用英語寫出電影教父的主要內容幾句話就可以
The story begins as "Don" Vito Corleone, the head of a New York Mafia "family", oversees his daughter's wedding with his wife Carmela. His beloved son Michael has just come home from the war, but does not intend to become part of his father's business. Through Michael's life the nature of the family business becomes clear. The business of the family is just like the head of the family, kind and benevolent to those who give respect, but given to ruthless violence whenever anything stands against the good of the family. Don Vito lives his life in the way of the old country, but times are changing and some don't want to follow the old ways and look out for community and "family". An up and coming rival of the Corleone family wants to start selling drugs in New York, and needs the Don's influence to further his plan. The clash of the Don's fading old world values and the new ways will demand a terrible price, especially from Michael, all for the sake of the family.
來源:IMDB
㈤ 求,教父1里的開頭兩人對話的台詞(中英文)
我猜你要的是這段
我相信美國
I believe in America.
美國使我發了財
America has made my fortune...
而我以美國方式教養我的女兒
And I raised my daughter in the American fashion.
我給她自由...
I give her freedom,but I taught her...
但也告訴她永遠不要有辱家門
never to dishonor her family.
她交了位男友但不是義大利人
She found a boyfriend. Not an Italian.
她跟他去看電影深夜才回家
She went to the movies with him.
我並沒有責罵她
She stayed out late. I didn't protest.
兩個月前他與另一個男孩
Two months ago, he took her for a drive...
帶她去兜風
with another boyfriend.
他們強灌她喝威士忌
They made her drink whiskey...
然後他們想要佔她便宜
and then they tried to take advantage of her.
她抵抗她保住了名節
She resisted.She kept her honor.
於是他們像對動物般的毒打她
So they beat her like an animal.
當我到醫院時她的鼻樑斷了
When I went to the hospital, her nose was broken..
她的下巴被打碎了
her jaw was shattered...
必須用鋼絲綁著才不會掉下來
held together by wire.
她痛得不能哭
She couldn't even weep because of the pain.
但我卻哭了我為什麼哭呢?
But I wept. Why did I weep?
我視她如珠如寶
She was the light of my life.
她長得很美麗
Beautiful girl.
現在她再也美麗不起來
Now she will never be beautiful again.
[示意倒酒]
不好意思
Sorry.
我…像個守法的美國人一樣 我去報警
I went to the police like a good American.
那兩個男孩受到了審判
These two boys were brought to trial.
法官判他們有期徒刑三年但緩刑
Ajudge sentence them to three years in prison...and suspend their sentence.
緩刑
Suspended sentence.
他們當天就沒事了
They went free that very day.
我像個傻瓜似的站在法庭中
I stood in the courtroom like a fool.
而那兩個混蛋竟朝著我笑
And those two bastard, they smiled at me.
於是我對我太太說
Then I said to my wife,
為求公道 我們必須去找柯里昂閣下
"For justice we must go to Don Corleone."
你去報警前為何不先來找我
Why did you go to the police? Why didn't you come to me first?
你要我怎麼樣
What do you want of me?
你盡管吩咐 但求你一定要幫我這個忙
Tell me anything, but do what I beg you to do.
幫你什麼忙
What is that?
[耳語]
那個我辦不到
That I cannot do.
你要什麼 我都會給你
I'll give you anything you ask.
我們相識多年
We've known each other many years,
這是你第一次來找我幫忙
but this is the first time you ever came to me for counsel or for help.
我記不起你上次是何時 請我到你家去喝咖啡了
I can't remember the last time that you invited me... to your house for a cup of coffee...
何況我太太還是你獨生女的教母
even though my wife is godmother to your only child.
我坦白說吧
But let's be frank.
你從來就不想要我的友誼
You never wanted my friendship...
而且你害怕欠我人情
and you were afraid to be in my debt.
我不想捲入是非
I didn't want to get into trouble.
我了解
I understand.
你在美國發了財
You found paradise in America.
生意做的很好 生活過的很好
You had a good trade, made a good living.
有警察和法律保護你
Police protected you, and there were courts of law.
你不需要我這種朋友
So you didn't need a friend like me.
但是現在你來找我說
But now you come to me and you say...
柯里昂閣下 請幫我主持公道
"Don Corleone, give me justice."
但你對我一點尊重也沒有
But you don't ask with respect.
你並不把我當朋友
You don't offer friendship.
你甚至不願意喊我教父
You don't even think to call me "Godfather."
你在我女兒結婚當天來我家
Instead, you come into my house... on the day my daughter is to be married...
用錢收買我為你殺人
and you ask me to do murder for money.
我只是要求你主持公道
I ask you for justice.
那不是公道 你女兒還活著
That is not justice. Your daughter is still alive.
那麼讓他們像她一樣受折磨
They must suffer then as she suffers.
我應該付你多少錢
How much shall I pay you?
包納薩拉 包納薩拉
Bonasera Bonasera.
到底我做了什麼讓你這么的不尊重我
What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?
如果你以朋友身分來找我
If you'd come to me in friendship...
那麼傷害你女兒的雜碎 就會受到折磨
then the scum that ruined your daughter...would be suffering this very day.
你這種誠實人的敵人
And if, by chance... an honest man like yourself should make enemies...
也就是我的敵人
then they would become my enemies.
那麼 他們就會害怕你
And then they would fear you.
當我的朋友
Be my friend?
教父
Godfather.
很好
Good.
他日我或許需要你的幫忙
Someday, and that day may never come...
也可能不會有那麼一天
I'll call upon you to do a service for me.
但在那一天到來之前
But until that day...
收下這份公道做為小女結婚之禮
accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
謝謝 教父 別客氣
Grazie, Godfather.
這件事交給… 克里曼沙
Give this to Clemenza.
我要用可靠的人頭腦清醒的人
I want reliable people... people that aren't going to be carried away.
我們不是謀殺犯 下手別太重
I mean, we're not murderers... in spite of what this undertaker says.
㈥ 求電影教父的英文介紹~
你可以自己挑一下重點
At the wedding reception of Don Vito Corleone's daughter Connie and Carlo Rizzi in the late summer of 1945, Vito, the head of the Corleone Mafia family – who is known to his friends and associates as Godfather – and Tom Hagen, the Corleone family lawyer and consigliere (counselor), are hearing requests for favors from friends and associates, because "no Sicilian can refuse a request on his daughter's wedding day". Meanwhile, the Don's youngest son Michael, who has returned from World War II service as a decorated war hero, tells his girlfriend Kay Adams anecdotes about his father's criminal life, reassuring her that he is not like his family.
Among the guests at the celebration is the famous singer Johnny Fontane, Corleone's godson, who has come from Hollywood to petition for help in landing a movie role that will revitalize his flagging career. Jack Woltz, the head of the studio, will not give Fontane the part, but Don Corleone explains to Johnny: "I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." Hagen is dispatched to California to fix the problem, but Woltz angrily tells him that he will never cast Fontane in the role, for which he is perfect, because Fontane seced and "ruined" a starlet that Woltz favored. The next morning, Woltz wakes up to find the bloody severed head of his prize $600,000 stud horse in the bed with him. Woltz gives in.
Upon Hagen's return, the family meets with Virgil "The Turk" Sollozzo, who is being backed by the rival Tattaglia family. He asks Don Corleone for financing and political and legal protection for the importation and distribution of heroin, but despite the huge amount of money to be made, Corleone refuses, explaining that his political influence would be jeopardized by a move into the narcotics trade. The Don's oldest son, hotheaded Sonny, who had earlier expressed to the Don his support of the family entering into the narcotics trade, breaks rank ring the meeting and questions Sollozzo's assurances as to the Corleone Family's investment being guaranteed by the Tattaglia Family. His father, angry at Sonny's dissension in front of a non-family member, privately rebukes him later. Don Corleone then dispatches his top button man (hit man), Luca Brasi, to infiltrate Sollozzo's organization and report back with information.
Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone, the Godfather.Soon after his refusal to support Sollozzo, Don Corleone is shot several times in an assassination attempt, and it is not immediately known whether he has survived. Meanwhile, Sollozzo and the Tattaglias kill Luca Brasi. Sollozzo then abcts Tom Hagen and persuades him to offer Sonny the deal previously offered to his father. Enraged, Sonny refuses to consider the deal, and issues an ultimatum to the Tattaglias – turn over Sollozzo or face war. They refuse, and Sonny responds by having Bruno Tattaglia, son of Don Phillip Tattaglia, killed.
Michael, who is considered a "civilian" by the other Mafia families, not involved in mob business, visits his father in the hospital, but is shocked to find there is no one guarding him. Realizing that his father is again being set up to be killed, he calls Sonny with a report, moves his father to another room, and goes outside to watch the door. With the help of Enzo the baker, who feels indebted to the Don and has come by the hospital to pay his respects, he bluffs away Sollozzo's men. Police cars soon appear with the corrupt Captain McCluskey, who breaks Michael's jaw when he insinuates that McCluskey is being paid by Sollozzo to set up his father. Just then, Hagen arrives with "private detectives" licensed to carry guns to protect Don Corleone, and takes Michael home.
Following the attempt on the Don's life at the hospital, Sollozzo requests a meeting with the Corleones, which Captain McCluskey will attend as Sollozzo's bodyguard, and Michael volunteers to kill both men ring the meeting. This initially amuses Sonny and the other senior members of the family; however Michael convinces them that he is serious, and that killing Sollozzo and McCluskey is in the family's interest: "It's not personal. It's strictly business." Although cops are usually off limits for hits, Michael argues that since McCluskey is corrupt and has illegal dealings with Sollozzo, he is fair game.
At the meeting, after being searched by McCluskey, Michael excuses himself to go to the restroom, where he retrieves a planted revolver and assassinates Sollozzo and McCluskey. For his safety Michael is sent to Sicily, while the Corleone family prepares for all-out warfare with the rest of the Five Families, united against the Corleones, as well as a general clampdown on the mob by the police and government authorities. In Sicily, Michael lives under the protection of Don Tommasino, an old friend of the family. While there, he falls in love with and marries a local girl, Apollonia Vitelli, who is later killed by a car bomb intended to assassinate Michael.
Back in New York, Don Corleone returns home from the hospital and is distraught to learn that it was Michael who killed Sollozzo and McCluskey. Some months later, in 1948, Sonny severely beats Carlo Rizzi for brutalizing the pregnant Connie, and threatens to kill him the next time he abuses her. An angry Carlo responds by plotting with Tattaglia and Don Emilio Barzini, the Corleones' chief rivals, to have Sonny killed. Carlo beats Connie again in order to lure Sonny out. Furious, Sonny drives off alone to fulfill his threat. On the way, he is ambushed at a toll booth and machine-gunned to death in his car.
Instead of seeking revenge for Sonny's killing, Don Corleone meets with the heads of the Five Families to arrange an end to the war. Not only is it draining all of their assets and threatening their survival, but ending the conflict is the only way that Michael can return home safely. Reversing his previous decision, Vito agrees that the Corleone family will provide political protection for Tattaglia's traffic in heroin. At the meeting, Don Corleone determines that Don Barzini, not Tattaglia, was ultimately behind the mob war and Sonny's death.
With his safety guaranteed, Michael returns from Sicily. More than a year later, he reunites with his former girlfriend, Kay, telling her that he wants to marry her. With the Don semi-retired, Sonny dead and middle brother Fredo considered incapable of running the family business, Michael is now in charge, and promises Kay to make the family completely legitimate within five years.
Peter Clemenza and Salvatore Tessio, two Corleone Family caporegimes (captains) complain that they are being pushed around by the Barzini Family and ask permission to strike back, but Michael refuses. He plans to move the family operations to Nevada and after that, Clemenza and Tessio may break away to go on their own. Michael further promises that Connie's husband, Carlo, is going to be his right hand man in Nevada. Tom Hagen has been removed as consigliere and is now merely the family's lawyer, with Vito serving as consigliere. Privately, Hagen complains about his change in status, and also questions Michael about a new regime of "soldiers" secretly being built under Rocco Lampone. Don Vito explains to Hagen that Michael is acting on his advice.
Robert Duvall as Tom Hagen (left) and Al Pacino as Michael Corleone (right)In Las Vegas Michael is greeted by Fredo and Johnny Fontane in the hotel-casino partly financed by the Corleones, and run by Moe Greene. Michael explains to Johnny that the Family needs his help in persuading his friends in show business to sign long-term contracts to appear at the casino. In a meeting with Moe Greene, Michael offers to buy out Greene but is rudely rebuffed. Greene believes the Corleones are weak and that he can secure a better deal from Barzini. As Moe and Michael argue, Fredo takes sides with Moe. Afterwards, Michael firmly tells Fredo to never again take sides with anyone against the family.
Michael returns home. In a private meeting, Vito explains his expectation that the Family's enemies will attempt to kill Michael by using a trusted associate to arrange a meeting as a pretext for assassination. Shortly afterwards, Vito dies of a heart attack while playing with his young grandson Anthony in his tomato garden. At the burial, Tessio conveys a proposal for a meeting with Barzini, which identifies him as the traitor that Vito was expecting.
Michael arranges for a series of murders to occur while he is standing as godfather for Connie and Carlo's son:
Don Stracci and his bodyguards are shot by Clemenza with a shotgun as they exit an elevator;
Moe Greene, while having a massage in one of his hotels, is shot in the eye by an unknown assassin;
Don Cuneo, while leaving a hotel, is trapped in a revolving door by Willi Cicci and shot;
Don Tattaglia and a woman he is with are gunned down while in bed by Rocco Lampone and another unknown assassin;
Finally, Don Barzini is shot on the steps of a courthouse by Al Neri, who is disguised by wearing his old policeman's uniform.
After the baptism, Tessio believes he and Hagen are on their way to the meeting between Michael and Barzini that he has arranged. Instead, he is surrounded by Willi Cicci and other button men. Realizing that Michael has found out about his betrayal, Tessio tells Hagen that his betrayal was only business. Meanwhile, Michael confronts Carlo about Sonny's murder and gets him to admit his role in setting up the ambush. Michael informs Carlo that his punishment is to be excluded from the family business and hands him a plane ticket to exile in Las Vegas. Carlo gets into a car to go to the airport, where he is garroted by Clemenza.
Later, Connie confronts Michael, accusing him of Carlo's murder. Kay questions Michael about Connie's accusation, but he refuses to answer. She insists, and Michael lies, assuring his wife that he had no role in Carlo's death. Kay is relieved by his denial, believing it to be true. The film ends with Clemenza and new caporegimes Rocco Lampone and Al Neri paying their respects to Michael. Clemenza kisses Michael's hand and greets him as "Don Corleone." Kay watches with dawning comprehension--Michael is the new Godfather.
[edit] Differences from the novel
One of the primary parts of Puzo's novel which was not used for the movie was the flashback story of Don Corleone's earlier life, including the circumstances of his emigration to America, his early family life, his murder of Don Fanucci, and his rise in importance in the mafia, all of which were later used in The Godfather Part II.
Many subplots were trimmed in the transition from the printed page to the screen, including: singer Johnny Fontane's misfortunes with women and his problems with his voice; Sonny's impulsive dabbling in street crime as a teenager and his utter lack of the tact and coolheadedness possessed in such abundance by his father; Sonny's paramour Lucy Mancini's new-found love in Dr. Jules Segal (a character entirely missing from the film), who not only repairs Lucy's vaginal malformation but puts Michael in touch with the surgeon who repairs Michael's facial bones (which had been damaged by Capt. McCluskey) and also operated on Johnny Fontane's vocal cords, thus restoring his singing voice; Jack Woltz' increasing pedophilia; Kay Adams's home life; Luca Brasi's demonic past; the Corleone family's victorious rise to power in earlier New York gang wars in which Don Corleone survives a previous assassination attempt and Al Capone sends triggermen from Chicago in an unsuccessful attempt to aid a rival gang; Don Corleone's ingenious plan used to take Michael out of exile in Sicily; the detailed savage attack on the two men who assaulted Bonasera's daughter, which was led by Paulie Gatto and involved retainer thugs (which was only alluded to in the film).
Additionally, the novel makes it clear that Lucy was not pregnant by Sonny when she moved to Las Vegas, thus leaving no room for Vincent Mancini of The Godfather, Part III. Curiously, Puzo wrote the screenplays of all three movies, so the contradiction was well known to him.
Characters with smaller roles in the film than in the novel include Johnny Fontane, Lucy Mancini, Rocco Lampone, and Al Neri (the latter two are reced to non-speaking roles). Characters dropped in the film adaptation beside Dr. Segal include Genco Abbandando (only spoken of, he appears in a deleted scene featured in The Godfather Saga; he first appears on film in The Godfather II) and Dr. Taza from Sicily. Also, in the book, Michael and Kay have two sons, but in the movies they have a son and a daughter.
The novel and film also differ on the fates of Michael's bodyguards in Sicily, Fabrizio and Calo. The film has them both surviving (Calo, in fact, appears in the third installment). In the book, however, Calo dies along with Apollonia in the car explosion, and Fabrizio is shot and killed as one more victim in the famous "baptism scene" after he is tracked down running a pizza parlor in America. Fabrizio's murder was deleted from the film but publicity photos of the scene exist.[6] (He is later killed in a completely different scene in The Godfather Saga which was deleted from The Godfather: Part II).
The ending of the book differs from the end of the movie: whereas in the film Kay suddenly realizes that Michael has become "like his family", the drama is toned down in the book, where Tom Hagen lets her in on secrets for which, according to him, he would be killed should Michael find out. During the film's baptism scene, all the heads of the Five Families were killed. In the novel, only Barzini and Tattaglia, previously at war with the Corleones, are killed.
㈦ 教父經典台詞對白愛情電影英文獨白
《教父》是一部由派拉蒙影業公司於1972年製作的,講述黑幫故事的電影。40年代的美國,“教父”維托·唐·柯里昂(馬龍·白蘭度 飾)是黑手黨柯里昂家族的首領,帶領家族從事非法的勾當,但同時他也是許多弱小平民的保護神,深得人們愛戴。因為拒絕了毒梟索洛索的毒品交易要求,柯里昂家族和紐約其他幾個黑手黨家族的矛盾激化。
教父經典台詞之一
the humility all his friends admired in him.
他(柯里昂教父)早就懂得:社會上常常會有突如其來的侮辱,那是必須忍受的。在這個世界上,常常會出現這樣的情況:最微不足道的人,如果他時刻留意的話,總會有機會向那些最不可一世的人報仇血恨。明白了這個道理,也就心平氣和了。正是因為明白這個道理,老頭子才從來不喪失那種他所有朋友都嘆服的謙虛謹慎的作風。
PS: Any profession was worthy of respect to men who for centuries earned bread by the sweat of their brows.
千百年來,只要憑賣力氣,流汗水換飯吃,任何職業都是值得尊敬的。
The Don always taught that when a man was generous, he must show the generosity as personal. He gave the baker a Di Nobili cigar and a glass of yellow Strega and put his hand on the men’s shoulder to urge him on. That was the mark of the Don’s humanity. He knew from bitter experience what courage it took to ask a favor from a fellow man.
柯里昂教父經常這樣教導:如果一個人要慷慨,那他就必須把這種慷慨表現得充滿感情。
他遞給麵包師傅一根“高貴牌”雪茄煙,一杯“振奮牌”果子露,還把手搭在他的肩膀上鼓勵他說下去,這就是老頭子的人情味的一種表示。他從自己辛酸的經歷中 體會 到:大家同樣是人,要一個人央求另一個人辦一件事,這可需要多大的勇氣啊。
PS: If a person is very generous, then he must behave himself an emotional generosity.
“You know those Arctic explorers who leave caches of food scattered on the route to the North Pole? Just in case they may need them someday? That’s my father’s favors. Someday he’ll be at each one of those people’s houses and they had better come across.”
“你知道北極探險家在去北極的路上,沿途總要把食物在地窖里埋起來嗎?就是為了預防有一天走到那裡可能需要食物。這就是我父親為別人做好事的道理。他有一天也可能有事相求,要登門拜訪他們。所以最好他們能先過來拜訪下我們。”
The Don helped those in misfortune whose misfortune he had partly created. Not perhaps out of cunning or planning but because of his variety of interests or perhaps because of the nature of the universe, the interlinking of good and evil, natural of itself.
柯里昂教父一方面在幫助那些陷於不幸的人們,但另一方面那些人的不幸一定程度上卻是他造成的。這,既不是出於陰謀詭計,也不是出於刻意安排,而是由於他利益的多樣性,或者說是宇宙的自然法則,善與惡的相互滲透乃是自然本身的法則。(所以說,強大你自身,是保護自己的終極之道。)
對敵理念
Don’t hate your enemy, or you will make wrong judgment.
不要憎恨你的敵人,否則你將做出錯誤的判斷。
Never tell anybody outside the family what you’re thinking again.
(這句話是教父對其大兒子Sonny的訓斥。Sonny在外人面前暴露出與父親不同的想法,終釀成大禍,招致敵人對老一代教父的暗殺行動。Corleone家族也正是由此從盛轉衰。)
Sonny:“If there’s one thing the old man hammered into me, it’s never to do a thing like that, to let other people know there’s a split of opinion in the Family.”
“如果說老爸對我有什麼教導,使我永遠不忘的話,那就是永遠不能做一件蠢事:讓外人知道我們家族內部有意見分歧。”
Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
離你的朋友近些,但離你的敵人要更近,這樣你才能更了解他
Don’t let anybody know what you are thinking.
不要讓任何人知道你在想什麼(邁克對文森說)。
Don’t let women dictate your actions and they’re not competent in this world, though certainly they’ll be saint in heaven while we men burn in hell.
不要讓女人左右你的行為。而她們在這個世界上並沒有這樣的資格,盡管可以肯定她們會上天堂。當聖人,而男人要下地獄,受火燒。
教父的自信
I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.
我將給他一個他無法拒絕的理由/條件。
(這局可稱是教父系列中最經典的一句台詞。敢這樣說,來源於強大的自信,是一個男人對自己力量和謀略的篤信。)
He never asks a second favor when he’s been refused the first.
小說里的原句。
My father assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract.
You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance gonna bring your son back to you? Or my boy to me? I forgot the vengeance of my son…..but I ‘m a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall him—if he should get shot in the head by a police officer or if he should hang himself in the jail cell or if he’s struck by a bolt of lightning—then I’m gonna blame some of the people in this room. And that I do not forgive.